2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited is a new premium touring motorcycle from Harley Davidson, which offers enhanced performance and features, plus distinctive styling upgrades.
A step up from the popular Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide, the Ultra Limited model features items that have previously only been offered as accessories on regular-production Harley-Davidson Touring models. The package starts with a Twin Cam 103 engine that delivers 10 percent more torque than the Twin Cam 96 engine offered in other Touring models. With 102 ft. lbs. of peak torque on tap, the Twin Cam 103 offers more power for passing, for steep climbs, and for better over-all performance when the Ultra Limited is laden with a passenger and cargo. Harley-Davidson Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) delivers easy starting cold or hot and self-adjusts to changing elevation and atmospheric conditions.
The engine is rubber-mounted in the chassis, and mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission with a tall top gear for quiet, economical highway cruising. New for 2010 is a smoother, helical-cut fifth gear. The 2-1-2 exhaust system is designed to minimize heat exposure to the rider and passenger, and the Ultra Limited is equipped with mid-frame air deflectors to further isolate the rider from engine heat.
Brembo triple-disc brakes with ABS, heated hand grips, the Harley-Davidson Smart Security System, a Premium Tour-Pak luggage rack, Premium saddle bag and Tour-Pak liners, and a 12-volt/15 amp Tour-Pak power supply are all standard features on the Ultra Limited.
2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited also features electronic cruise control, 80-watt RMW Advanced Audio System by Harman/Kardon, CB radio/intercom, vented fairing lowers and adjustable wind deflectors. The classic Harley-Davidson “batwing” fairing and fairing lowers provide outstanding wind-and-weather protection, while locking, hard GTX nylon saddlebags and an adjustable King Tour-Pak component offer generous luggage capacity.
The 28-spoke cast aluminum wheels of the Electra Glide Ultra Limited were designed using finite element analysis for maximal stiffness with minimal weight. Dunlop D407 Multi-Tread tires designed specifically for the Harley-Davidson Touring chassis feature a harder center tread compound and softer shoulder compound to enhance handling and extend rear-tire tread life.
Air-adjustable rear shocks accommodate variable passenger and luggage loads. Chassis geometry and suspension calibration work with the dynamics of the frame to deliver a combination of comfort and handling from a touring motorcycle that’s equally at ease rolling down the Interstate or winding through a mountain pass.
Special features of 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): ABS is designed to help the rider maintain control during braking events, especially those that happen in less-than-optimal conditions. The components of the Harley-Davidson ABS have been designed and packaged to be virtually invisible, preserving the uncluttered styling of the area around the wheels. Unlike many motorcycle ABS, Harley-Davidson ABS is not a linked system, meaning the rider maintains full, independent control of both front and rear brakes.
- Heated Hand Grips: Adjustable through six settings by a knob on the left bar end, these thermostatically controlled grips self-adjust so the grips remain at a constant temperature regardless of changes in ambient temperature.
- Smart Security System: The H-D® Smart Security System offers automatic self-arming and hands-free disarming for vehicle electronic security functions. The Hands Free Fob communicates directly on its own unique and individualized frequency with the Hands Free Security Module and Antenna. A flashing status indicator informs the rider that the Smart Security System is armed or disarmed.
- Premium Tour-Pak Luggage Rack: This full-sized rack protects both Tour-Pak lid and passenger backrest from scratches. Lightweight steel tubing incorporates high-quality welded joints and is hand-polished and chrome-plated to provide long-lasting beauty.
- Premium Saddlebag and Tour-Pak Liners: Updated for 2010 with dual zippers, side pockets for small items, and rubber bottoms that help keep the interior dry and clean, these durable nylon liners make it easier to carry items to and from the motorcycle.
- Tour-Pak Power Supply: Charge a cell phone or computer, or power accessories, with this 12-volt/15-amp power point, fitted with a spring-loaded cap to keep the receptor clean.
- Contrast Chrome Wheels: This custom version of the 28-spoke cast aluminum Touring wheel features chrome-plated spoke faces which reflect brilliantly in morning sun or midnight neon.
- Upgraded Instrument Display: New Titanium-tone instrument faces upgrade the appearance of the Ultra Limited cockpit. White LED backlighting and a large font make them easier to view.
- Ultra Limited paint: A special two-tone paint scheme adds a contrasting color to the front fender, the lower fuel tank, the lower saddle bags and the lower Tour-Pak areas. Color combinations include Vivid Black/Black Ice Pearl, Flame Blue Pearl/Vivid Black and Scarlet Red/Vivid Black.
2010 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Limited is priced at $24,699.