For 2011, Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) has introduced 2011 model of motorcycles in United States. While CVO Road Glide Ultra is the brand new model for 2011; Street Glide, Softail Convertible and Ultra Classic Electra Glide return with new colors and features.
All the 2011 CVO models are powered by a fuel-injected Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110™ V-Twin engine (1803cc), the largest-displacement engine produced by Harley-Davidson, rated at up to 115 ft. lbs. of torque at 4000rpm and is only available from the factory in CVO models.
2011 CVO Road Glide® Ultra
A premium touring machine from Harley-Davidson, with an aerodynamic frame-mounted fairing, the CVO Road Glide Ultra features a Road Tech® zumo® 660 GPS navigation system, upgraded Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio system with BOOM! Bagger speakers and an 8GB iPod® nano® and dock, and a two-up suspended touring seat with dual heat controls, adjustable backrests and leather insert surfaces and much-much more. Here are the key features of 2011 CVO Road Glide® Ultra:
- Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine with 110-cid (1803cc), rubber-mounted within the frame, is rated at 115 ft. lbs. of torque at 4000 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission.
- New chrome billet muffler end caps with black spears finish off the 2-1-2 exhaust system.
- New Road Tech zumo 660 GPS navigation device has an integrated handlebar mount and an integrated interface module which allows its verbal navigation commands to be heard through the radio speakers. It can be removed for convenient programming or use in another vehicle.
- New entertainment features include an 8GB Apple iPod nano® with an etched Bar & Shield logo, iPod radio interface and iPod holder located in a saddlebag. This system both charges the iPod, and integrates it with the audio hand controls. The 40-watt per channel Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio system features four BOOM! Audio High Performance BOOM! Bagger speakers, XM satellite radio, CB/intercom with two headsets, and a new amplifier with customized equalization for the BOOM! Audio speakers.
- New two-up suspended touring seat with leather inserts supports rider and passenger above the seat pan to prevent bottoming and provides isolation from road harshness for enhanced touring comfort. A new seat shape is narrower towards the front for improved leg-reach at stops. The seat features dual heat controls. A new matching leather passenger backrest has adjustable lumbar support and an “Ultra Road Glide” monogram. The matching leather rider backrest is adjustable.
- New Road Glide 16-inch windshield is lightly smoked and has a reduced angle to limit cockpit buffeting.
- New wind tunnel-tested Road Glide wind deflectors fit onto the top of the engine guard redirect turbulent air that previously passed between the fairing and the fuel tank and into the rider area.
Mirror Chrome Agitator wheels are 18-inch diameter front and rear.
- New chrome, one-inch-diameter handlebar has a more-comfortable shape and is internally wired.
- Hard saddlebags and Deluxe Tour-Pak® luggage carrier with color-matched LED brake/tail lamp and Air Wing Tour-Pak rack. Power locking system provides push-button key fob security for the Tour-Pak, saddlebags and ignition.
- Rumble Collection features black rubber with brilliant chrome highlights on the rider footboard inserts, passenger footboard inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal, highway pegs, saddlebag latch covers, and heated hand grips with chrome end caps.
- New Diamond-cut trim inserts for the CB pod, Screamin’ Eagle 110 intake, and Tour-Pak lid .
- New Customer Care package includes a tool kit, microfiber detail cloth and H-D® jiffy stand coaster.
2011 CVO Street Glide®
The CVO Street Glide rolls out on a new 19-inch Agitator front wheel, the largest-diameter wheel ever offered on a Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle. Ventilated fairing lowers house two of the six speakers that are part of a high-output audio system boosted by a new high-efficiency, 100-watt-per-channel amplifier. The audio system also incorporates an 8GB iPod nano with dock and holder located in the right saddlebag. The side-fill fuel tank is topped with a flush-mount cap and LED gauge, and a new low-profile console. A new low-profile seat is faced with snake-style leather inserts, and the fairing is topped with a new seven-inch smoked wind deflector. The new paint scheme is executed in four different color combinations, and for the first time, those colors are complimented by a specific engine color and finish, wheel finish, tank console finish, muffler end-cap style and inner fairing color.
2011 CVO Softail® Convertible
This two-in-one model is designed to quickly transform from custom touring to custom cruising by removing the detachable fairing, leather saddlebags, passenger pillion and backrest upright. The 2011 CVO Softail Convertible is equipped with a new audio system that integrates 3.5-inch two-way speakers and a 20-watt-per-channel amplifier into a redesigned inner fairing. Music is delivered by an 8GB iPod nano stored in a protective pouch. The locking leather saddlebags, leather rider seat and passenger pillion, and leather backrest pad have a new alligator-style insert. A new 1.25-inch welded mini-ape handlebar keeps the ride cool and comfortable. Standard Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), cruise control, keyless ignition and ABS (anti-lock braking system) give the CVO Softail Convertible more touring capability.
2011 CVO Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®
The pinnacle of Harley-Davidson touring luxury and performance has a new suspended, heated, two-up seat with leather inserts, and matching adjustable backrests for rider and passenger. Dual mufflers feature new chrome billet end caps with black spears, and new mirrors are finished in mirror chrome. Trim panels for the CB pod insert, Screamin’ Eagle® 110 intake insert, and Tour-Pak lid insert feature a new diamond-cut pattern. The Road Tech zumo 660 GPS navigation system and remote-control power locks on the Tour-Pak, saddlebags and ignition are also standard equipment.