Motorcycle News

Suzuki GS150R features, specifications and photographs

Suzuki Motorcycle had launched the all new GS150R in India on the 23rd of October (press release of the launch), it is latest entrant in the very competitive 150cc segment and brings to the table a fresh look and a new 150cc four stroke engine with six gears (the only motorcycle in India to support it after the Yamaha R15 and RD350).

Suzuki GS150R Features:

150cc Engine with a new design: The 150cc engine of GS150R has been designed with a focus on acceleration performance in the low-to-mid range speed, which is most important in city riding. This ensures that you always enjoy a smooth, comfortable ride with the new Suzuki GS150R.

Engine balancer technology: In other motorcycles, vibration generated from inside the engine by the vertical motion (inertial force) of the piston and rotating motion (centrifugal force) of the crankshaft, is transmitted through the handlebars, seat and footpegs to the rider. The engine balancer technology in Suzuki GS150R seeks to minimize such vibration in order to deliver a more comfortable riding experience. Moreover, the balancer system is quipped with balancer-driven gear fitted with a rubber damper for reducing the impact noise generated by its meshing with the balancer-driven- gear.

Digital Speedometer with dual modes: Presenting the world’s first eco-mode-equipped rpm indicator. The unique GSX-R-inspired engine rpm indicator glows to give an indication to the rider about the optimum up-shift timings. The latest unit features a new, selectable two-mode (Eco & Power) function to cater to a wide range of riding needs and conditions.

Sporty Style Headlight: The stunning powerful headlight of GS150R with built-in positioning light is inspired from Suzuki’s international Superbike GSX-R. it has been designed to give GS150R a very distinct look.

LED Tail Lamp & Integrated Rear Turn Signal: The super-sleek, streamlined aerodynamic shaped LED tail lamp and integrated rear turn signals based on the styling of GSX-R takes the style quotient to the next level.

Suzuki GS150R Specifications:
Engine Type: Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC
Bore x stroke (mm): 57.0 x 58.6
Displacement: 149.5cc
Max Power: 13.8bhp @ 8,500rpm
Max Torque: 13.4Nm @ 6,000rpm
Compression ratio: 9.35/1
Carburetor: BS26 with TPS
Ignition: CDI
Starting: Electric and kick
Transmission: 6-speed (1-down, 5-up)
Tyre front: 2.75-18” 42P
Tyre rear: 100/90-18 M/C 56P
Brake front: Hydraulic single disc
Brake rear: Drum
Fuel tank capacity: 15.5 liter
Overall length: 2,095mm
Overall width: 775mm
Overall height: 1,120mm
Wheelbase: 1,340mm
Ground clearance: 160mm
Seat height: 790mm
Dry weight: 134 Kg
Curb mass: 149Kg
Colors: Candy Max Orange (YME), Metallic Flint Gray (YUB), Candy Dark Greenish Blue (YML) and Pearl Nebular Black (YAY) (photographs of each color are provided below in the same order.)

Suzuki GS150R wallpapers (Click to enlarge):

1. Guys its a good bike. I feel sorry for FZ supporters as they think about only the riders not the person sitting back. Dudes like Chris shud be made to sit on the Pal… seat of FZ then only he will come to know about the pain in a…
    As far as the other reviews now everybody knows y GS150 is a Good choice.
    One more thing i would like to add from my end if you compare the cost of other bikes this bike will cost u 70k which is great.
    And i dont think any other bike come with comfort(rider and palion),milage,ok style,great handling,smooth ride all these together in this much amount.
    My friend is having this bike and I too use it very often.

2. One more thing i dont know y always people as for the Max speed. If u really want high speed go for high end bikes.
    And y u require high speed when u have speed limit of max 80 on many roads in india.
    Guys who have stomach upset will run in high speed as they are in hurry, but if you have such problem be at home y u want to kill some body just for ur trill.
    Drive Safe be safe n live long.

3. true it is a crazy bike an i wil get it soon

4. The Suzuki GS150R has really surprised me with its stunning looks, huge 4-stroke engine, 6-speed gear shift, & a great digital speedo meter. I love this bike, & I am in a hurry to buy this one.

5. ya its a huge bike and it looks very great and its design is well and superb………i am hurry to buy this bike

6. the digital speedometer which is amazing one which attracts all the peoples

7. IT’s a amazing bike really…because its speed i get 110kmph at 20 sec..its true..and no any vibration,…thx suzuki…nice bike

8. Krishan Jangra says:

ya nice byke i have buy tomm.

9. What is the BHP of the Honda Unicom or 150 cc bike

10. My brother in law was looking for bike since last one year but he has not selected any,but finally he selected this one ,thanks suzuki………….:-)
    I hope he will buy it

11. whats the price of this bike

12. Suzuki GS-150 R has more Torque & Bhp than Unicorn !!

((13.4 N.m / 6,000rpm 13.8 ps / 8,500rpm))

where as, Unicorn has

((12.7 N.m/5,500rpm 13.3 ps / 8,000rpm))

13. great bike i have purchased it quality,looks, mileage all in one only disappointed with Suzuki motorcycles India as they are doing nothing to promote it no advertisements in television or print media.

14. S.Vellingiri says:

Hi friends, its a very good bike which i bought last week. I’ve enquirer all users of this bike on road for the past 6 months n purchased it. my bike giving 59 kmpl now,in ECO mode in city ride. next week planning take a long drive to test it. speed limit not exceed 60km ph. due to engine setting. guys really its rocks…. very smooth ride. And now a days its getting demand of availability due to unicorn nil stock. suzuki should give gud add n focus on this wonderful bike.

15. Indiaon2wheels is running contest in which you can win DSG Riding Gloves by reviewing your motorcycle! Check it out http://www.indiaon2wheels.com/write-a-review-and-win-riding-gloves/

16. Muneer ahmad says:

i really like the bike .i’m gonna purchase it tomorrow .boys i’ll get back to u very soon let me check it .

17. Muneer ahmad says:

let me buy it first i’ll get back to you ….anyways bike looks good

18. Nice bike but still not so nice sales figures. Why?
    Looking forward for an upgraded version of GS150R in early next year

19. I AM RANJIT I HAVE ONE SUZUKI ZEUS WORKING PERFECT FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS SO MY NEXT BIKE WILL BE GS150R BECAUSE OF ITS QUALITY

20. tiz iz the best bike i hav ever seen…!inspiring speedo meter,mind blowing speed,150cc,gud price and me going to buy it very soooon!!!u ppl can also go blindly fo tiz bike.. tankz suzuki!!!

21. Dharmesh Khombhadia says:

hi, mr.deepak how r u, long time no call yaar forgot ur friend. plz call when in pune lets meet up and go 4 dinner.

22. saheel gautam says:

please improve the side look of this bike and make it some modification in its side look.

23. i purchased this in 2009.
    nw i completed 20000 km.
    efficient engine.
    top speed 128/h
    top milege 60/l
    max. exp.occured Rs. 2/- for feus
    amazing in balance.
    guys if u really like a safe ride u better take this machine.

24. y i like bt it goes with its price..i m eagerly w8ing to knw da price

25. Hi, Mr Deepak tell SUZUKI atleast now 2 modify the bikes looks so that it can have some better sales figure in 2011. Plz make it to the Indian requirements,and u know better what i mean by that,it really vil have some good sales figures and may i would be interested to buy the 150cc which i sold it due to its inbuilt problems,which people vil take some time to understand. Let that SUZUKI roar back on the indian road man……………

26. it is one of the best 150 cc commuter

27. it is defenately the best 150cc commuter in india with great looks, refined engine and not to miss 6-speed gearbox,very smooth to ride.so any one who want a commuting bike with good looks,advanced technology and better power then go for it.

28. yogesh singh says:

suzuki gs 150r is a realy nice bike. i have purchesed in may 2010. i glad to its milage and its pic up. its milage is 50-55 kpl.

29. yeah its a really crazy bike i satisfied with it

30. HELLO GUYS ANY KNOW ABOUT suzuki gs150r FITTING ABC SYSTEM WHT IS THIS ……..? plz ANS ME…………………..

31. mohammad robil says:

this is a superb bike. I have bought it. Really a good bike. And looks great.

32. gud, superb bike for me , because there have a 6 gear. i realy like it.

33. I have owned GS150R for 2 yrs now. Its a perfect bike for city , highway & peg scrapping on the weekends. Amazing balance & brakes.

34. huge byke,gud speedo meter,6 gears,nice looks,gud mileage,,..nd lot more reasons to buy this byke…im getting my new gs150r this week.,:-)…
    anyways im disappointed on the fact that suzuki is not giving much promotion for this byke through adds….i think they should concentrate more in this modell..and in its promotion!!. . . more adds means more popularity..nd im sure gs150 is a winning model of suzuki bykes!! Thanks!

35. Hey I just took a test drive and I really loved the smoothness of the bike…it really drive me crazy….

I have asked many people having this bike and they all says that average comes around 58-60

36. i have been looking 4 a gud bike for the last 6 months and finally i choose GS 150R.its really amazing bike grt pich-up and also a gud milege in comparision of the other 150 cc bikes

37. Jobin Joseph says:

Ya, t perfomance of gs150 r is great.
    It does not viabrate even in 140km/hr.
    T power and balance give more comfortable 2 t rider.

38. HAI GUYS THIS IS THE NICE BIKE IT ATTRACTS ME ON ITS TOP SPEED IT MOVES AROUND 160KMP/HR WITH A SMOOTH DRIVE NO VIBRATION COMPARED TO UNICON IT TAKES 20 SEC TO REACH 120KMP/HR GOOD MILEAGE SUPER CONTROLLING

39. E G RAGESH says:

I AM REALLY CONFUSED-WHETHER TO BUY HH HUNK DOUBLE DISC OR SUZUKI GS 150R REPLACING MY EXSISTING SPLENDOR.I PERSONALLY LIKED PERFORMANCE OF GS 150R,BUT IT IS RARELY SEEN ON THE ROADS.WHY?ACTUALLY MOST OF THE BIKERS ARE EVEN UNAWARE OF SUCH A PRODUCT IN THE MARKET.SO,PLEASE HELP ME TO TAKE A DECISION.

40. suzuki GS150R is the amazing bike and the speed metre of bike is very amazing it attract all the peoples. Thank u very much suzuki.

41. I realy like this bike

42. my mileage above 55kmpl , 🙂

43. bhargaw: Why do u wish to be part of crowd which consist of Pulsar, Unicorn and Hunk? If your all the research and heart feeling says Suzuki GS150R is the bike u like, go for it.

I was in same position a month or so ago. But now I know that I am not part of crowd. Purchased it week ago. Did 350KM so far. Went until 76 KM thrice. Engine was smooth and vibration free. Service center has recommended not to go above 45 until first service.

I am not a follower. I am a leader. Its the best bike in 150cc segment money can buy. FZ16 is good in few terms but not a deal breaker. Pulsar is public transport. Unicorn not available and outdated. Hunk and CBZ is ok but no comparison with GS. Apache needs refinement in engine.

44. this bike is cool. pick up too first and bike have undercontrol. this diskbreak very good it’s not panicked u any more. good service,

and when you ride in this bike you feel ghost rider or real bike rider too smouth.

thank u suzuki.

45. serendipity says:

I have suzuki fiero (yr 2000 model). And I was about to change my bike. I think my search is finally end on this automobile. SUZUKI IS SUZUKI.

46. ITS A EXTREM BIKE IN 150CC RANGE

47. Hi Readers,

I read all ur wonderfull Things abt the Bike Im Buying Tomorrow tats 7/10/11……
    I Own a Suzuki Shaolin (My Dream Bike) The First 5 Speed 2 stroke Motorcycle in India now Im also Going to Own a 6 speed Bike From the Same Manufacturers or my Dream Bike……….
    Feels Gr8 I Ll get bak to all once i ride my Beast…………..

48. GS150R Realy better bike thanks suzuki